Some pets may be reluctant to give up what has looked, smelled and tasted familiar to them in the past. To assist the transition to a healthier diet, we recommend the following approach.
- When switching from one brand of dry food to Sierra Jack food, gradually introduce the new food over a 5 to 10 day period. Mix the new food product with the pet's former food, gradually increasing the proportions until it is completely Sierra Jack food.
- When switching from canned to dry food, we recommend the following approach: Add warm water to the dry food, let stand for 10 minutes then mix thoroughly to make a gravy like consistency.
- When changing pet foods, the pet may experience some loose stools and/or gassiness, which is completely normal. This condition will disappear after the pet has become accustomed to the new food, which should be in 3 - 7 days.
- To ensure the symptom-free transition to a healthier diet for even the most sensitive canine digestive systems, we recommend the utilization of Eagle Pack Holistic Transition (2.2 oz. bottle - $4.95) Sprinkle one level tablespoon of Eagle Pack’s Holistic Transition over the food, once daily, until the contents of the canister are consumed (approximately 7 days).
- From our experience, we have found that, not only do pets readily accept Sierra Jack Super Premium pet food, but actually prefer it to many other brands.
12-DAY SMOOTH TRANSITION
Bag 1: 3 level scoops old food and 1 level scoop Sierra Jack.
Bag 2: 2 level scoops old food and 2 level scoops Sierra Jack.
Bag 2: 1 level scoops old food and 3 level scoops Sierra Jack.
Serve your dog successively bags 1 then 2 then 3, then when each is depleted, serve all Sierra Jack. For a large breed dog eating about 4 cups per day, this creates a 10-day smooth transition to the new food.